Lean Six Sigma is a methodology that relies on a collaborative team effort to improve performance. By systematically removing waste; combining lean manufacturing / lean enterprise and Six Sigma to eliminate the eight kinds of waste: defects, overproduction, waiting, under utilization of existing employee talent, transportation, inventory, motion and extra-processing.
Combining the leading improvement methods of Six Sigma and Lean, this winning technique drives performance to the next level.
3EL offer consultancy within the following disciplines:
Process Design & Modelling
In order to provide sound and effective supply chain solutions, existing processes must be analysed, improvements identified and solutions designed,written and implemented
- Time and motion and Operational Workflow Study and Resource Requirement Planning
- Operational Process and Design
An often undervalued discipline, it requires significant skills within areas of planning, organising and managing resources against specific objectives.Objectives that are nearly always constrained by time and cost.
Through implementation they can
- Help you to determine and clarify the project objectives
- Help you to establish the correct level of project sponsorship
- Work with you to develop and manage a realistic timing schedule
- Identify, allocate & manage cross-functional resources
- Coordinate and manage tasks, risks and issues
- Formally communicate project progress to all stakeholders
- Organise & lead regular project team meetings and wider awareness sessions
Procurement Planning, Purchasing Planning
Buying products or materials happens at two levels; strategic and tactical.
Sometimes the terms Procurement Planning and Purchasing Planning are used to try to differentiate between these two levels, sometimes they are used interchangeably to mean the same thing.
What is true, however, is that the strategic approach looks for the best supplier(s) to meet the goals of the company and sets the relationship with chosen suppliers.
So often we find that Purchasing is done on price alone – at the cost of much higher stock than necessary. We use a proven analysis approach to provide focus on where to concentrate for maximum benefit. Challenge every “accepted truth” and every “Nice Round Number”.
We will help you put Procurement Planning and Purchasing Planning systems in place to drive inventory down whilst protecting the service into your supply chain.